FOLDING@HOME

Dear all,

If I tell you ...would you want to cure cancer , Parkinson or Alzheimer?...What would be your answer ?... I guess an emphatic YES and if I tell you that ... I could possibly tell you the way by which you can help ... finding a cure... Surprised ...Well don't be.While I was surfing net I came across FOLDING@HOME . Basically protein fold in our body ... if the folding goes wrong, we acquire numerous diseases ... STANFORD UNIVERSITY has created a software to connect many computers to one mega Super Computer through internet ... so that by distributed computing ... they can simulate protein folding ... to see what actually goes wrong.

Now... how can you help ? Do you have a PC,PS3 Or a MAC ? You just need to download the software from HERE ... and run it so that you can connect to the bandwidth in which millions of people are working now ... all types of PC'S and MAC'S can process different kinds of information very well , especially gaming rigs with high end GRAPHIC CARDS / and those with dual core and quad core processors ... I guess for a noble cause we all can afford to contribute ... NOW WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU ? Nothing much !!! Just download the software and go working ...That's all ...

REGARDS
AAKASH
(E-Member)

No comments: